- Address: 50 Mcdowell Street 24801, Welch, West Virginia
- GPS: 37.4315384,-81.5854023
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Welch, West Virginia like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Welch, West Virginia address is: 50 Mcdowell Street 24801, Welch, West Virginia.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Downtown Welch – Across From The Parking Bldg And Next To The Marquee Cinema Onsite Parking Is Not Available At This Location. Passengers Can Be Dropped Off At The Main Entrance Of The Building.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 2,406 people in Welch and 22,113 in McDowell County.
- Service: McDowell County. Cities: Welch, Gary, Keystone, War.
- Veterans: 1,079 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 3,500 people, average benefits – $1,507 per month or $18,084 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 2,578, average monthly benefit – $594.65.
Popular questions at Welch, 24801
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.