- Address: Suite 101, 500 Federal St 12180, Troy, New York
- GPS: 42.7337572,-73.68774229999997
- Phone: 1-866-770-2662, 1-800-772-1213, 1-518-272-7264
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Troy, New York like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Troy, New York address is: Suite 101, 500 Federal St 12180, Troy, New York.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Office Is On The Eastern End Of The Green Island Bridge, In The Riverfront Office Building, At The Corner Of 4th St And Federal St, 1st Floor. Enter Via Parking Lot Entrance On Federal St, Parking Is Free.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 50,129 people in Troy and 159,429 in Rensselaer County.
- Service: Rensselaer County. Cities: Troy, Rensselaer. Towns: Berlin, Brunswick, East Greenbush, Grafton, Hoosick, Nassau, North Greenbush, Petersburgh, Pittstown, Poestenkill, Sand Lake, Schaghticoke, Schodack, Stephentown.
- Veterans: 9,336 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 20,790 people, average benefits – $1,514 per month or $18,174 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 4,136, average monthly benefit – $605.66.
Popular questions at Troy, 12180
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.