- Address: Suite 101, 800 South Claremont St 94402, San Mateo, California
- GPS: 37.5632787,-122.31792640000003
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in San Mateo, California like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in San Mateo, California address is: Suite 101, 800 South Claremont St 94402, San Mateo, California.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From Hwy 101, Take The 3rd Ave Exit 416 (west Towards Downtown). Go Four Blocks And Turn Left On Claremont; Continue Four Blocks. The Office Is On The Right Hand Side Before Ninth Avenue.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 105,025 people in San Mateo and 769,545 in San Mateo County.
- Service: San Mateo County. Cities: San Mateo.
- Veterans: 2,774 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 11,448 people, average benefits – $1,432 per month or $17,189 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 1,342, average monthly benefit – $590.1.
Popular questions at San Mateo, 94402
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.