- Address: 1046 Route 47 South 08242, Rio Grande, New Jersey
- GPS: 39.028052,-74.874732
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Rio Grande, New Jersey like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Rio Grande, New Jersey address is: 1046 Route 47 South 08242, Rio Grande, New Jersey.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Take Exit 4a From Garden St Pkwy To Route 47 West. Continue Across Route 9, Past Us Post Office Approx 1/4 Mile. Office Is On The Right Next To Chapin House Assisted Living.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 2,670 people in Rio Grande and 97,265 in Cape May County.
- Service: Cape May County. City: Rio Grande.
- Veterans: 7,220 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 12,897 people, average benefits – $1,616 per month or $19,401 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 1,697, average monthly benefit – $556.28.
Popular questions at Rio Grande, 08242
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.