- Address: 332 Main St 12601, Poughkeepsie, New York
- GPS: 41.70262,-73.92614800000001
- Phone: 1-877-405-6747, 1-800-772-1213, 1-845-454-1540
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Poughkeepsie, New York like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Poughkeepsie, New York address is: 332 Main St 12601, Poughkeepsie, New York.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Office Is Located 2 Blocks East Of Columbus Drive (east-west Arteria L) On The Right Side Of The Street. Municipal Parking Is Located To The Left Of The Office On Catherine Street And To The Right Of The Office 1 Block South On Cannon Street. Directions From Rt 44/55 – Take The Arter Ial To Catherine Street, Turn Left. The Office Is Located 2 Blocks Sout H (straight Ahead) On The Corners Of Main And Academy Streets. Direction S From Rt – 9, Take The Main Street Exit And Turn Right.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 32,736 people in Poughkeepsie and 297,488 in Dutchess County.
- Service: Dutchess County. Cities: Poughkeepsie, Beacon. Towns: Amenia, Beekman, Clinton, Dover, East Fishkill, Fishkill, Hyde Park, La Grange, Milan, North East, Pawling, Pine Plains, Pleasant Valley, Red Hook, Rhinebeck, Stanford, Union Vale, Wappinger, Washington.
- Veterans: 12,439 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 38,792 people, average benefits – $1,514 per month or $18,174 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 5,215, average monthly benefit – $547.46.
Popular questions at Poughkeepsie, 12601
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.