- Address: Suite 150, 550 Forest Ave 04101, Portland, Maine
- GPS: 43.6681317,-70.28108329999998
- Phone: 1-877-319-3076, 1-800-772-1213, 1-207-773-3981
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Portland, Maine like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Portland, Maine address is: Suite 150, 550 Forest Ave 04101, Portland, Maine.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From: I-295, Exit 6b Onto Forest Ave, North – Turn At Traffic Light Onto Ashmont St – Entrance To Office Is Actually On Ashmont St-parking Lot Behind The Building.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 66,417 people in Portland and 293,557 in Cumberland County.
- Service: Cumberland County. Cities: Portland, South Portland, Westbrook. Towns: Baldwin, Bridgton, Brunswick, Cape Elizabeth, Casco, Chebeague Island, Cumberland, Falmouth, Freeport, Frye Island, Gorham, Gray, Harpswell, Harrison, Long Island, Naples, New Gloucester, North Yarmouth, Pownal, Raymond, Scarborough, Sebago, Standish, Windham, Yarmouth.
- Veterans: 17,883 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 52,106 people, average benefits – $1,371 per month or $16,453 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 5,363, average monthly benefit – $560.13.
Popular questions at Portland, 04101
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.