- Address: Suite 230, 14 Durkee St 12901, Plattsburgh, New York
- GPS: 44.6957878,-73.4519808
- Phone: 1-866-296-8271, 1-800-772-1213, 1-518-561-2265
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Plattsburgh, New York like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Plattsburgh, New York address is: Suite 230, 14 Durkee St 12901, Plattsburgh, New York.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Exit 37 From I-87, Turn Right On Rt 3, Continue 1 Mile And Bear Rt On Broad Street. Travel Thru Five Traffic Lights And Turn Left Onto Durkee Street. Building Is On The Corner Of Durkee And Broad On The Rt.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 19,989 people in Plattsburgh and 82,128 in Clinton County.
- Service: Clinton County. City: Plattsburgh. Towns: Altona, Au Sable, Beekmantown, Black Brook, Champlain, Chazy, Clinton, Dannemora, Ellenburg, Mooers, Peru, Plattsburgh, Saranac, Schuyler Falls.
- Veterans: 6,632 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 10,709 people, average benefits – $1,514 per month or $18,174 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 2,852, average monthly benefit – $555.40.