- Address: 5097 I49 S Service Rd 70570, Opelousas, Louisiana
- GPS: 30.4986347,-92.07333740000001
- Phone: 1-866-698-3338, 1-800-772-1213, 1-337-948-8683
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Opelousas, Louisiana like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Opelousas, Louisiana address is: 5097 I49 S Service Rd 70570, Opelousas, Louisiana.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From I-49 Take Exit 17 (judson Walsh) The Office Is Located At The Corner Of Judson Walsh And I-49 South Service Road.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 16,634 people in Opelousas and 83,384 in Saint Landry Parish.
- Service: Saint Landry Parish. Cities: Opelousas, Eunice. Towns: Arnaudville, Grand Coteau, Krotz Springs, Leonville, Melville, Port Barre, Sunset, Washington. Villages: Cankton, Palmetto.
- Veterans: 4,384 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 9,681 people, average benefits – $1,362 per month or $16,350 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 5,308, average monthly benefit – $576.68.
Popular questions at Opelousas, 70570
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.