- Address: 11706 Jefferson Avenue 23606, Newport News, Virginia
- GPS: 37.0781798,-76.47682839999999
- Phone: 1-866-331-9169, 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Newport News, Virginia like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Newport News, Virginia address is: 11706 Jefferson Avenue 23606, Newport News, Virginia.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
If Coming From I-64,take Exit 258a Onto J Clyde Morris Blvd And Turn Rig Ht Onto Jefferson Ave At Casey Chevrolet. The Office Is The Red Brick Bu Ilding On Jefferson Ave Behind Popeyes Chicken (between East Coast Gas Station And Extended Stay Hotel) Enter Where Street Sign Shows Both Gast On Ct And Pavillion. No Contact Station.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 180,719 people in Newport News.
- Service: Newport News.
- Veterans: 24,431 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 22,879 people, average benefits – $1,507 per month or $18,084 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 4,811, average monthly benefit – $586.78.
Popular questions at Newport News, 23606
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.