- Address: Suite 500, 400 Poydras Street 70130, New Orleans, Louisiana
- GPS: 29.9484692,-90.06788849999998
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in New Orleans, Louisiana like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in New Orleans, Louisiana address is: Suite 500, 400 Poydras Street 70130, New Orleans, Louisiana.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Office Is Located At The Intersection Of Poydras St & Magazine St Next To The Hale Boggs Federal Bldg. The Office Is On The 5th Floor. Onsite Parking Is Not Available At This Location.paid Parking On Street Or In Lots Is Available. Parking Is Not Validated.passengers Can Be Dropped Off At The Main Entrance Of The Building.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 391,006 people in New Orleans.
- City: New Orleans.
- Veterans: 16,909 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 45,396 people, average benefits – $1,362 per month or $16,350 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 20,048, average monthly benefit – $592.58.