- Address: Giaimo Fed Bldg 4th Fl, 150 Court St 06510, New Haven, Connecticut
- GPS: 41.3062261,-72.92396500000001
- Phone: 1-866-331-5281, 1-800-772-1213, 1-203-624-2332
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in New Haven, Connecticut like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in New Haven, Connecticut address is: Giaimo Fed Bldg 4th Fl, 150 Court St 06510, New Haven, Connecticut.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Office Is Located On The 4th Floor Of The Federal Bldg At The Intersection Of Court And Orange Streets, Between Elm And Chapel And Church And State Streets, One Block East Of The New Haven Green Behind The Federal Courthouse And New Haven City Hall. Metered Parking Is Available On Orange, State, Church, And Court Streets, And There Are Several Parking Garages In Downtown New Haven. There Are A Few Parking Lots In The Vicinity With Very Limited Spaces. Onsite Parking Is Not Available At This Location. Passengers Can Be Dropped Off At The Main Entrance Of The Building.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 130,418 people in New Haven and 862,477 in New Haven County.
- Service: New Haven County. City: New Haven.
- Veterans: 5,686 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 18,311 people, average benefits – $1,611 per month or $19,342 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 3,150, average monthly benefit – $592.56.
Popular questions at New Haven, 06510
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.