- Address: 1420 Mccarthy Blvd 28562, New Bern, North Carolina
- GPS: 35.0976879,-77.09430789999999
- Phone: 1-888-491-1885, 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in New Bern, North Carolina like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in New Bern, North Carolina address is: 1420 Mccarthy Blvd 28562, New Bern, North Carolina.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From Hwy 17 N (jones & Onslow Co)at The 7th Light Turn Right On Mccarthy Blvd (joe Alcoke Chev. Is At That Intersection) And The Office Is 1/4 Mile On The Left. From Hwy 70 West (carteret Co) Take Jacksonville Exit And Turn Left On Martin Luther King Blvd. At The 5th Light Turn Left Onto Mccarthy Blvd. (joe Alcoke Chev. Is At That Intersection) Office Is 1/4 Mile On The Left.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 30,113 people in New Bern and 102,912 in Craven County.
- Service: Craven County. Cities: New Bern, Havelock. Towns: Bridgeton, Cove City, Dover, River Bend, Trent Woods, Vanceboro.
- Veterans: 17,613 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 14,634 people, average benefits – $1,462 per month or $17,549 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 2,591, average monthly benefit – $562.33.