- Address: Federal Building, 105 S 6th Street, Room 103 62864, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- GPS: 38.317738,-88.89870100000002
- Phone: 1-866-931-2549, 1-800-772-1213, 1-618-242-8050
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Mount Vernon, Illinois like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Mount Vernon, Illinois address is: Federal Building, 105 S 6th Street, Room 103 62864, Mount Vernon, Illinois.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Mt. Vernon, Illinois Social Security Office Is Located On State Rout E 15 Near The Downtown Area. I-57,i-64, And State Route 37 All Intersec T Route 15 West Of Our Location. A Visitor Coming To Mt. Vernon On Any Of These Routes Should Exit Onto State Route 15 And Proceed East, Continuing 3 Blocks East Of The Court House. The Office Is Located On The First Floor Of The Federal Building At 105 S. 6th Street. The Visitor Parking Lot Is On The East Side Of The Building.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 15,277 people in Mount Vernon and 38,827 in Jefferson County.
- Service: Jefferson County. Cities: Mount Vernon, Nason. Villages: Belle Rive, Bluford, Bonnie, Dix, Ina, Waltonville, Woodlawn.
- Veterans: 2,675 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 4,846 people, average benefits – $1,491 per month or $17,895 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 939, average monthly benefit – $555.91.
Popular questions at Mount Vernon, 62864
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.