- Address: Suite 1, 1811 Chicago Ave 55404, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- GPS: 44.96483800000001,-93.26208159999999
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Minneapolis, Minnesota like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Minneapolis, Minnesota address is: Suite 1, 1811 Chicago Ave 55404, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
For Social Security Cards, Twin Cities Residents Must Use The Social Security Card Center, Located At 1811 Chicago Avenue, Suite 2, Minneapolis Mn. Card Ctr Hours Are The Same As Fo Hours. Located 5 Blocks South Of The Metrodome, And Two Blocks North Of Franklin Avenue On Chicago Avenue.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 425,403 people in Minneapolis and 1,259,428 in Hennepin County.
- Service: Hennepin County. Cities: Minneapolis.
- Veterans: 15,650 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 57,050 people, average benefits – $1,521 per month or $18,257 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 8953, average monthly benefit – $621.31.