- Address: Suite B, 149 W 18th St 70601, Lake Charles, Louisiana
- GPS: 30.205116,-93.2217005
- Phone: 1-877-409-8431, 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Lake Charles, Louisiana like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Lake Charles, Louisiana address is: Suite B, 149 W 18th St 70601, Lake Charles, Louisiana.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Office Directions: Near City Hall And Calcasieu Parish Court House , Parking Entry From Ryan Or Bilbo Streets.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 78,001 people in Lake Charles and 203,112 in Calcasieu County.
- Service: Calcasieu County. Cities: Lake Charles, DeQuincy, Sulphur, Westlake. Towns: Iowa, Vinton.
- Veterans: 13,197 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 23,581 people, average benefits – $1,362 per month or $16,350 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 6,153, average monthly benefit – $557.78.
Popular questions at Lake Charles, 70601
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.