- Address: 4970 Research Drive,nw 35805, Huntsville, Alabama
- GPS: 34.7317997,-86.665437
- Phone: 1-866-593-0665, 1-800-772-1213, 1-256-837-8803
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Huntsville, Alabama like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Huntsville, Alabama address is: 4970 Research Drive,nw 35805, Huntsville, Alabama.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From I 565, Take The Sparkman Drive / Bob Wallace Avenue Exit (exit 15). Keep Right At The Fork To Go Onto Sparkman Drive, Nw. Turn Left Onto Bradford Drive Nw. Travel To The Intersection Of Bradford Drive And Wynn Drive. Turn Right Onto Wynn Drive, Nw And Make The First Left Onto Research Drive, Nw. The Office Is Located A Half Mile On The Right. From University Drive Turn Onto Wynn Drive And Research Drive Is On The Right . The Office Is Located A Half Mile On The Right.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 199,518 people in Huntsville and 366,519 in Madison County.
- Service: Madison County. Cities: Huntsville, Madison, New Hope. Towns: Gurley, Owens Cross Roads, Triana.
- Veterans: 35,932 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 53,182 people, average benefits – $1,435 per month or $17,222 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 6,765, average monthly benefit – $569.99.