- Address: 189 Village Center 40831, Harlan, Kentucky
- GPS: 36.8143745,-83.31698340000003
- Phone: 1-888-590-2707, 1-800-772-1213, 1-606-573-4479
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Harlan, Kentucky like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Harlan, Kentucky address is: 189 Village Center 40831, Harlan, Kentucky.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Harlan Office Is Located On Us 421s At Traffic Light #11. The Office Is Located Inside The Village Center Mall. Telephone 888-590-2707.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 1,745 people in Harlan and 26,409 in Harlan County.
- Service: Harlan County. Cities: Harlan, Benham, Cumberland, Evarts, Loyall, Lynch.
- Veterans: 1,592 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 3,544 people, average benefits – $1,393 per month or $16,719 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 2,614, average monthly benefit – $591.43.
Popular questions at Harlan, 40831
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.