- Address: 3045 Knapp St Ne 49525, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- GPS: 42.9993193,-85.594426
- Phone: 1-877-319-5710, 1-800-772-1213, 1-616-363-4128
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan address is: 3045 Knapp St Ne 49525, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Grand Rapids Social Security Office Is Located On Knapp Street Withi N The Celebration Village Retail Area. The Office Is Situated North Of The Meijer Shopping Area Along Knapp Street Just West Of The Beltline (m 37) Intersection. The Office Is A One-story, Stand Alone Building Easil Y Accessible Via Bus Route 15 On The Rapid. Ample Parking Is Available.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 200,217 people in Grand Rapids and 653,786 in Kent County.
- Service: Kent County. Cities: Grand Rapids, Cedar Springs, East Grand Rapids, Grandville, Kentwood, Lowell, Rockford, Walker, Wyoming. Villages: Caledonia, Casnovia, Kent City, Sand Lake, Sparta.
- Veterans: 28,336 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 97,741 people, average benefits – $1,551 per month or $18,614 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 13,488, average monthly benefit – $595.42.