- Address: Mcnamara Bldg/rm 450, 477 Michigan Ave 48226, Detroit, Michigan
- GPS: 42.3312736,-83.05338970000003
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Detroit, Michigan like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Detroit, Michigan address is: Mcnamara Bldg/rm 450, 477 Michigan Ave 48226, Detroit, Michigan.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
Office Located On The Corner Of Michigan Ave And Cass. Patrick V. Mcnamara Federal Building. Located Next To The Michgan Ave People Mover Station. It Is About 2 Blocks S/e Of The Mgm Casino. There Is No Free Public Parking But There Are Lots Nearby Or Visitors Can Park Elsewhere And Take The People Mover To The Office. Office Is On The Michigan Ave Bus Line. Onsite Parking Is Not Available At This Location.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Popular questions at Detroit, 48226
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.