- Address: Suite 1, 317 Washington St 52101, Decorah, Iowa
- GPS: 43.301721,-91.78617980000001
- Phone: 1-855-221-3522, 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Decorah, Iowa like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Decorah, Iowa address is: Suite 1, 317 Washington St 52101, Decorah, Iowa.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Office Is Located Just South Of Broadway, Next To The Wonder Bread Store.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 8,127 people in Decorah and 21,056 in Winneshiek County.
- Service: Winneshiek County. Cities: Decorah, Calmar, Castalia, Fort Atkinson, Jackson Junction, Ossian, Ridgeway, Spillville.
- Veterans: 1,118 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 3,139 people, average benefits – $1,467 per month or $17,613 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 156, average monthly benefit – $448.72.
Popular questions at Decorah, 52101
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.