- Address: 131 West St 06810, Danbury, Connecticut
- GPS: 41.3933879,-73.46310030000001
- Phone: 1-866-275-7821, 1-800-772-1213, 1-203-744-2172
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Danbury, Connecticut like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Danbury, Connecticut address is: 131 West St 06810, Danbury, Connecticut.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From I-84 Take Exit 4 (lake Ave). Take A Left Off The Exit. Go Straight Approximately 3/4 Mile. You Will Come To A Bridge Underpass. Immediatel After You Go Through The Underpass, take Your First Left. This Will Be Salame Plaza. The Office Is Located On The First Floor In The Building To Your Right. There Is Free Parking Available.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 84,730 people in Danbury and 943,823 in Fairfield County.
- Service: Fairfield County. City: Danbury.
- Veterans: 2,409 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 11,896 people, average benefits – $1,611 per month or $19,342 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 1,140, average monthly benefit – $571.35.
Popular questions at Danbury, 06810
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.