- Address: Lakeside Bldg, Ste 110, 8865 Stanford Blvd 21045, Columbia, Maryland
- GPS: 39.1906185,-76.81862409999997
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Columbia, Maryland like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Columbia, Maryland address is: Lakeside Bldg, Ste 110, 8865 Stanford Blvd 21045, Columbia, Maryland.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
E-directions:from I-95-merge Onto Md-175 West/columbia, Turn Left On Snowden River Pkwy South, Right On Mcgaw Rd, Right On Stanford Blvd. Turn Left At Lakeside Office Sign, Left To End Of Parking Lot, Follow Signs To Office Entrance. W-directions:from Rt 29-merge Onto Md-175 East/patuxent Pkwy Via Exit 20a Toward Jessup, Slight Right Onto Dobbin Rd,left Onto Stanford Blvd Make Right At Roundabout. Turn Right At The Lakeside Office Sign. Left To End Of Parking Lot, Follow Signs To Office Entrance.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 103,467 people in Columbia and 323,196 in Howard County.
- Service: Howard County. Cities: Columbia, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Fulton, Highland, Ilchester, Jessup, North Laurel, Savage, Scaggsville.
- Veterans: 17,060 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 38,560 people, average benefits – $1,548 per month or $18,586 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 3,528, average monthly benefit – $569.73.
Popular questions at Columbia, 21045
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.