- Address: 1463 Tobias Gadson Blv 29407, Charleston, South Carolina
- GPS: 32.8100657,-80.03053560000001
- Phone: 1-866-495-0111, 1-800-772-1213, 1-843-573-3615
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Charleston, South Carolina like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Charleston, South Carolina address is: 1463 Tobias Gadson Blv 29407, Charleston, South Carolina.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
The Office Is Located Near The Intersection Of Hwy61 And Paul Cantrell B Lvd. Take The Ashley River Road Exitsouth Off Of I-526 At The First Lig Ht Turn Left Onto Tobias Gadson Blvd. The Office Is The Second Building On The Left.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 136,208 people in Charleston and 405,905 in Charleston County.
- Service: Charleston County. Cities: Charleston, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, North Charleston. Towns: Awendaw, Hollywood, James Island, Johns Island, Kiawah Island, Lincolnville,
McClellanville, Meggett, Mount Pleasant, Ravenel, Rockville, Seabrook Island, Sullivan’s Island, Summerville, West Ashley.
- Veterans: 29,834 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 63,565 people, average benefits – $1,475 per month or $17,711 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 6,923, average monthly benefit – $571.43.
Popular questions at Charleston, 29407
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.