- Address: 800 Centre Park Drive 28805, Asheville, North Carolina
- GPS: 35.6003985,-82.52982109999999
- Phone: 1-866-572-8361, 1-800-772-1213, 1-828-258-8135
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Asheville, North Carolina like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Asheville, North Carolina address is: 800 Centre Park Drive 28805, Asheville, North Carolina.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From East- Take Exit 6 (tunnel Rd, Chunns Cove Rd) Off Interstate I-240. Turn Right On Chunns Cove Rd. And An Immediate Right Onto The Piney Mtn Rd. The Office Is In Centre Park On The Left. From West-take Exit 6 (tunnel Rd) Off Interstate I-240. Turn Right On Tunnel Rd. Turn Right Again Onto Chunns Cove Rd. Go Under The Interstate Bridge And Turn Right Onto Piney Mtn. Rd. The Office Is In Centre Park On The Left.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 92,452 people in Asheville and 259,103 in Buncombe County.
- Service: Buncombe County. City: Asheville. Towns: Biltmore Forest, Black Mountain, Montreat, Weaverville, Woodfin.
- Veterans: 17,174 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 36,844 people, average benefits – $1,462 per month or $17,549 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 5,493, average monthly benefit – $579.10.
Popular questions at Asheville, 28805
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.