- Address: Plaza 500 Suite 190, 6295 Edsall Road 22312, Alexandria, Virginia
- GPS: 38.80239900000001,-77.14249589999997
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213, 1-800-325-0778
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Social Security Office in Alexandria, Virginia like street address and directions, phone number and TTY, office opening hours. Here you can also find the official web address of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
The Social Security Office in Alexandria, Virginia address is: Plaza 500 Suite 190, 6295 Edsall Road 22312, Alexandria, Virginia.
An appointment is not required, but if you contact the office and schedule, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
From The South, Take I-95 North To I-395 North. Take Exit 2a For State R T 648 E/edsall Rd, Turn Rt Onto Edsall Rd, The Office Is 1.1 Miles On Th E Rt. From The East And West, Take I-495/capital Beltway To I-395 North. Follo W Above Directions.edsall-go Abt 1 Mile – entrance Is On The Right Side Of The Building Next To Service Source. From North, Take I-395 South To Exit 2a For State Rt 648 E/edsall Rd, Me Rge Onto Edsall And Follow Above Directions.
Your local social security office usually provides such services as:
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for SSI and Disability Benefits
- Check Application or Appeal Status
- Apply for Medicare
- Replace Medicare Card
- Apply for survivors’ benefits
- Obtain SSA Forms
- Obtain a Social Security Card
- Request a Replacement Social Security Card
You can complete an application for Retirement, Spouse’s, Medicare or Disability Benefits
The online forms are available every day during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: from 5 AM until 1 AM
- Saturday: from 5 AM until 11 PM
- Sunday: from 8 AM until 10 PM
- Holidays: from 5 AM until 11 PM
Other useful information
- Population: 160,530 people in Alexandria.
- City: Alexandria.
- Veterans: 10,964 people, maximum annual pension rate (MARP) $13,752 – $27,195 a year.
- Retirees: 20,323 people, average benefits – $1,507 per month or $18,084 a year.
- People with Disabilities – 1,806, average monthly benefit – $558.14.
Popular questions at Alexandria, 22312
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status,
- a copy of U.S. military service paper(s),
- a copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last year.